background

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 5

Molly wanted to "wash dishes" tonight. Mostly it's taking clean dishes and playing in the water, but she has fun so no biggy.




Cor decided to get all artistic with the CandyLand, that's my husband.





Molly ended up soaking her shirt washing dishes so she spent the rest of the evening shirtless. Her and Daddy played a rousing game of Candyland while I read the Pioneer Woman's blog from 2006-2007. I'm on a kick.





Ha, I messed up Cor's hair and then took a pic. He looks all angsty and annoyed :-P



I baked today. I made wheat bread, which I used to think was hard...before I did it and now I know it's not :-)

Two of my BFFs for making bread. I use 1/2 whole wheat flour so the vital wheat gluten helps it become fluffier, since wheat bread likes to be denser and flatter than white bread. I've also found bread flour helps the texture a bit too.





Anyhoo, Molly went back to school this morning and had a great time. She loves school. I had a nice time vegetating on the couch, and taking a nice long shower.

It's supposed to get crazy cold Thursday and Friday, especially for Oklahoma. We are talking highs around 15 and lows around 4. Our heater is going to get a workout for sure. I know...I'm the most fascinating person on the planet. I want to be clever and funny, I do.

2 comments:

  1. Make me some bread too?? Susan (GF)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be able to work that out. My MIL is begging for bread too, after I made some while we were there for Christmas. I'm just not sure how the shipping will work...I'd hate for anyone to get a smashed, stale loaf of bread!

    ReplyDelete